Switch Action: SPDT
(Heating - open on rise)
(Cooling - close on rise)
Contact Structure: Snap action
Full Load Amps.
Locked Rotor Amps.
Temperature Range: 36°F to 90°F (2°C to 32°C)
When the thermostat is set below 40°F (5°C),
damage to the building and/or contents may
result due to freezing. This is possible due to
factory calibration tolerances, thermostat loca-
tion and operating characteristics of the heating
Mounting: Standard 2 x 4 inch outlet box or 2-ganged
outlet boxes. Mounting screws are provided with the
thermostat. With a standard adapter plate (not provided),
this thermostat may be mounted on a 4 inch square
System Switch: Heat - Off - Cool
Fan Switch : Low - Medium - High
Install the thermostat as follows:
SELECT THERMOSTAT LOCATION
1. Before mounting, connect system wiring to proper
ment manufacturer's instructions or refer to wiring
diagram for typical system hookups.
Proper location insures that the thermostat will provide a
comfortable home temperature. Observe the following
general rules when selecting a location:
1. Locate thermostat about 5 ft. above the floor.
2. Remove thermostat cover by grasping top and bottom
of cover and pull straight out. Dress wiring into junction
box and secure thermostat to outlet box with mounting
2. Install thermostat on a partitioning wall, not on an
3. Never expose thermostat to direct light from lamps,
sun, fireplaces or any temperature radiating equip-
4. Avoid locations close to windows, adjoining outside
walls, or doors that lead outside.
DO NOT PUSH OR DAMAGE THE KNOB SENSING
ELEMENT DURING INSTALLATION.
5. Avoid locations close to air registers or in the direct
path of air from them.
3. Install thermostat cover, turn knob to desired setting,
and set selector switches for the appropriate system
function and fan speed.
6. Make sure there are no pipes or duct work in that part
of the wall chosen for the thermostat location.
7. Never locate thermostat in a room that is warmer or
cooler than the rest of the home, such as the kitchen.
8. Avoid locations with poor air circulation, such as
behind doors or in alcoves.
9. The living or dining room is normally a good location,
provided there is no cooking range or refrigerator on
opposite side of wall.
4 x 4
To prevent electrical shock and/or equipment
damage, disconnect electric power to system at
USE 2 x 4 OR 4 x 4
The thermostat may be mounted on a standard 2 x 4 inch
ing to a 4 x 4 inch junction box is required, use of a
standard adapter plate (not provided) is necessary. USE
COPPER CONDUCTORS ONLY.